The Women’s Civic League was incorporated on November 10, 1911 in order to suggest, obtain, improve and promote desirable and proper living conditions in the City of Baltimore and its suburbs or elsewhere in the State of Maryland, in respect to hygienic and sanitary matters, cleanliness, recreation, ornamentation, cultivation, beautification, the abatement of nuisances of every kind, and generally with respect to any and every subject whatsoever which may in any way affect the safety, health , or welfare of the people.

Pictured above is the temporary residence of Baltimore's second mayor, Thorowgood Smith. The house was one of several built side by side with others like it in the area now known as Shot Tower Park. It is the only surviving example of the group believed to have been built around 1790 in one of the original boroughs of Baltimore City called Jonestown.

 

The Annual Apple Festival

Welcome to The Women’s Civic League

Site Designed by : DESIGNBETE ©2014

2015 CALL FOR VENDORS AND VOLUNTEERS

Click on the images below to learn about current opportunities with us!